Breast cancer is responsible for a good number of cancer related deaths in women. Funny enough, it also occurs in men but in much reduced number of cases. The information contained below is majorly on breast cancer in women.
Most cases can be traced back to cells found in the linings of milk ducts. As it develops, the malignant cells may spread to other body parts, a fact that makes it even harder to treat the disease. This type is known as invasive.
Signs and breast cancer symptoms
The initial stages of this type of cancer are mainly painless. Be on the lookout for the following signs of breast cancer:
- A lump of a swelling in the breast; in many cases, breast lumps are not cancerous. However, it is important that you see a doctor to be on the safe side if you are to notice such a lump. In fact, it should get you worried if you are to notice consistency of such a lump in the armpits too.
- Changes in nipple color. This also may include roughness, rashes or peeling of the nipple
- Sudden and increasing changes in the size and shape of your breasts
- Changes in your breast pigment
Causes of breast cancer
Like many other types of cancer, it is hard to point out specific causes of breast cancer. The following causes are consistent in many cases all the same:
- Dietary inclusions – It is a fact that processed foods increase the risk of cancer
- Advanced age
- Family histories of previous cancer cases
- Uncontrolled input of weight
- Certain breast enhancement oils and techniques
- Alcohol and cigarette smoking
- Exposure to radiation
Treatment for breast cancer
There are three types of treatment for this type of cancer. They include:
There’s much that goes on with each of the above treatment methods. Details on the same are always provided to a patient before embarking on any. Other than these active treatment methods, various other methods are available. They include:
- Breast cancer awareness month
- Breast cancer ribbon campaigns
- Living with cancer forums and like
Some forums and donation agencies also give out cancer awareness shirts, to help promote the fight against the disease. A walk may also be organized, one meant to make people aware of the disease and how to fight it. Make sure you take part or donate to such functions. They are very effective in psychologically treating cancer.
Relation between breast cancer stages and breast enhancement
Certain ingredients found in breast pills enlargement and techniques certainly contain carcinogenic properties. But as I said earlier, the real causes of this cancer can only be guessed.
All the same, ensure that the pills or medical procedures you are making use for breast enlargement have been pointed out to you by a qualified doctor.
Facts you should know on what is breast cancer
- A lot of answers, both facts and myths always find their way to answering the question on what is breast cancer. Well, below are the various facts you should know about this disease;
- Breast reduction procedures are not necessarily straight causals of the disease. This doesn’t mean that they do not contribute to the same.
- Big saggy breasts are not signs of cancer. As I said before, the disease can be contracted even by men who naturally have miniature breasts.
- Cancer comes in different stages. The more advanced a stage is the more it is difficult to cure it. For this reason, ensure that you always have your breasts checked in clinical appointments regularly.
Is the a curative treatment for breast cancer
The malignant cells causing cancer can be successfully removed for good. Treatment methods like surgery involve cutting the whole infected area and this time the breast. Chemotherapy involves taking medical drugs that kill all fast dividing cells, which is a characteristic of cancer cells.
Both methods are expensive. On top of that, it is likely that they will leave you in a much different shape than you used to be in. However, testimonials from cancer survivors show that that is so small a price to pay. In the end of the day, life is more important than is beauty.
Even if you are not directly affected, make a point of supporting cancer fighting initiatives.