The first detail you are likely to learn about breast implants is the fact that there are two types of the same; saline and silicone implants. The effectivity of either depends on individual cases, a fact that makes it even more necessary to learn exactly what they involve.
Types of surgery breast implants
In the US and nations within which FDA is functional, only saline and silicone breast implants have been approved. In fact, these types are most popular and the safest to go for.
- Saline implants – These implants are constituted of a silicone shell filled with a saline but solution of water inside. The saline solution is filled into the implants after insertion into the breasts.
- Silicone implants – They are pretty the same with the saline implants, only that rather than a water solution, they are filled with a silicone gel.
Why consider breast implants surgery
It is logical to decide to withhold all the stress and cost arising from breast implants before and after the surgery. The same can be said for those who see it fit to put up with all that breast implants cost and surgery.
For one, these implants are the perfect solutions to increasing breast sizes. Second, they work faster than breasts growth pills or natural breast enhancement
Which is the best breast implants; saline or silicone implants?
The best breast implants depends on a couple of factors. Below are their various pros and cons:
- Saline implants are a bit cheaper than silicone implants are.
- It is much easier to undergo a removal surgery for saline implants which have run out of their effective periods.
- Saline implants are recommendable for ladies just above 18 years for those going for breast augmentation. This is because even in mid-twenties, breasts continue to increase in size. For silicone implants, the best age to consider them is after 22 years of age, when no more size increment is expected in the breasts.
- Users have reported feeling more conformable in silicone implants and getting big beautiful breasts than they do with saline implants.
- Saline implants are prone to leaks than are silicone ones. On top of that, it is likely that silicone implants will help achieve a more realistic and perfect sizes as per user’s preference.
How much do breast implants cost
Be prepared to pay an average of $5000 for a normal breast implants surgery. This cost is exclusive of any totaling amount that has accumulated from consultations and transport fess. Since breast enlargement is not classified under the category of diseases, insurance covers do not apply.
In considering how much a breast surgery does cost, it is important to compare various clinics. As you will find out, the cost might go to as high as $9000, all with a rationale cause behind it.
Do breast implants before and after surgery cause illness like cancer?
It is a commonly spread myth, one that breast implants before and after surgery do cause illnesses cancer and related diseases especially in case of a rapture. As I have referred to it, it is a myth, at least as far as the current scientific findings are concerned.
When saline implants rapture, the solution gets absorbed and consequently eliminated from the body. The process is accompanied by no health effects.
For silicone implants, raptures do not cause the gel to spill out. Bear in mind that a gel is a substance almost to body fat in viscosity. In fact, it is almost impossible to know when this type of implant has raptured. Professionals advice that frequent MRIs be taken to unearth any form of a ‘silent rapture’, after a removal operation is done. Just to put it clear, implants will not cause any type of illness; as long as it has been carried out by a professional.
What are the common side effects of breast implants before and after surgery?
There are a number of side effects to be expected from breast implants before and after surgery. Before surgery, cases of trauma and stress have been reported. This is best taken care of by consulting a doctor on what the surgery involves.
After the operation, patients may experience leaks in the implants, breast bumps, irregularities in the breast sizes and discomfort in the areas around the breasts. It is recommended that you wear a sport bra after the operation. Within a period of about 2 months you should keep going for checkups as advised by your doctor.